Blogging is not my thing!

Here is a little piece of what life is like for us. I can't promise that I'll keep it updated, but I'll try to let you in on some of the goings on!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cool Story

So how many times do you see a wandering dog and just pass by without looking to see if it had tags or a name or a microchip?? Well, I have a hard time just passing by because I think about what I would think if it were my pet. True, I am an animal lover at heart so that helps the situation.
Lastnight I was just leaving my house with Bruno amd Baylee to go on a little stroll. Baylee all of the sudden says she "hears a doggie". Next thing i know a big pitbull comes around the corner! As Bruno goes into LMS(little man syndrome) mode, I realize this dog isn't going to hurt any of us. He just keeps sniffing around ignoring the excessive growling produced by Bruno. So, I shove Bruno back into the house and watch the dog wander up my little street. For a brief moment I think I'll just let him go....but the tags around his neck make me think about how much someone must love him. I go up to him, and after a little persuasion, he comes to me with his tail wagging. His name is Tigger and I immediately call the number on his tag. The lady on the other end is so happy to hear someone found her "baby"! They had just gotten back from the store to make posters to put up. He'd been missing over a day and they had been searching all over the place. She got my location and said she'd be right there. In the meantime, Baylee is just lovin' on this dog. He is probably more than double her size....but he sure is sweet. The owner gets there after getting lost a few times. (on a side note: why must girls wear things that don't hold their "girls" in very well?? you can imagine this lady jumping outa her car, all excited, with her boobs half hangin' out. sorry for the mental pic) She thanks me profusely and tries to hand me a wad of cash. I tell her i don't her money....several times....but after being told that it would have been the reward money for Tigger's return, they finally talk me into taking it. I shove the wad into my pocket and give Tigger a pat goodbye. When I walk into the house, I decide to look at how much my good-deed paid me.....500 DOLLARS! Thats right....I expected a 20 or so....nope, 500 dollars!! Turns out good-deeds do have an awesome payout every once in a while. I'm kinda thinkin' now that I should have given $300 back and told her to get his "man parts" removed. Might help the roaming situation. But thats just my vet brain talkin'. I'm gonna go buy me some new clothes or something. Woohoo!!

2 comments:

  1. $500?? Wow! That is so cool! Good for you. (I'm so jealous!) What are you going to do with that money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!! Way to be a good-doer! :)

    ReplyDelete